Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Beach

Let me start off by saying that I would prefer to go to the mountains on a vacation than a beach any day of the week. However, I will admit that today the beach won my excitement for the moment. Today our team got to spend about 1 1/2ish hours just hanging out at the beach. Some swam, some laid around, some got a sea urchin thrown into the back of their head and some did the throwing. The team needed that. We needed a moment to not worry about camp, travel, logistics or where we were going to eat. And the Lord provided that opportunity.

I was reminded while we were there that sometimes, at least in my life, I begin to think about what I'm doing for the Lord and how I think it does not look so good. For example, what a good or a bad location for camp would look like. The beach/ocean reminded me of a truth that I need to hang on to more frequently than I do: Why worry about what the Lord's work looks like, just enjoy what He is doing. Personally I have been a little frustrated with the setup of our current location of camp. The bottom line of it though: the Lord wants camp done at this location, this week or else we wouldn't be here.

Sometimes I need to stop trying to figure out how to make the Lord's work happen, and just enjoy the Lord's design for things. This came as my team and I enjoyed the Lord's design for the earth, including the Atlantic Ocean.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment