Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Freedom!

There is such a renewed zeal for life at the completion of a semester. The moment I complete the last final is such a freeing moment for me. I truly feel like I am free, despite knowing full well that I will be returning to such "slavery" in just a matter of months. But still, I'm free.

The Lord (possibly just gas) reminded me the moment I clicked submit to turn in my final project online of Galatians 5:1, "For FREEDOM Christ has set us free!..." The reason Jesus did what he did, is for the very purpose that I can feel freedom. Do not mistake me for fully equating the freedom I have from a semester-long of intense classwork and education because the two are incomparable. What excites me is that this freedom that I feel, is the exact reason that Jesus suffered like He did.

Furthermore (used that word several times in my most recent turn-in) Galatians 5:1 says, "For FREEDOM Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do no SUBMIT again to the yoke of slavery. Not only did Christ die so that we can experience the glorious feelings of freedom, but so that we never again have to feel the oppression of sin. Granted, being that we are sinful beings we will, but because of what Christ did, we don't have to. We will be making the choice not to be able to experience freedom. You gotta love it.

I'm loving my freedom. I'm loving Jesus more. I am very thankful for the feeling of freedom, and the way Jesus reminds me of things like that through everyday things.

Prayer requests: please be lifting me up as I continue to polish off the sermons God has given me and for my ministry at camp this summer. You (if there is anybody) are great.

Much love...

No comments:

Post a Comment