Monday, October 5, 2009

Moses Got Me

Today has largely been a day of reflecting (story of my life the past several weeks). In the reflecting, and my continued pursuit of the Lord and contentment with where I am (see my last post), the Lord brought a verse/passage of scripture to me that owned me.

Exodus 14:14
Moses and the Israelites have JUST gotten out of Egypt. They find out that the Egyptians are now in pursuit of them. The first thing they do is go to Moses and begin to complain. The people who were slaves just a few verses prior were now COMPLAINING about their current circumstances and the fact that things weren't going the way they wanted them to.

Moses response to them owned them, I'm sure, but it very much struck a chord with me because of where I am in life. Exodus 14:14 says, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." A very present reminder that I'm not in charge of the future. What I can do right now is just be in tune with the Lord. My pursuit is to continue to get to know, love and grow in knowledge of Him in this time. Not try to figure things out. Not be in control. Not plan. Just be still.

I'm loving that He sent that message to me today.

My posts are getting more regular. Life is coming back to me. He's not finished with me, yet. Much love...

1 comment:

  1. He's never going to be through with you, and that is awesome! I love that you highlighted verse 14, because verse 13 stuck out to me a few days ago. I love that God has our backs, and promises to deliver us. Are you doing the NOBTS Bible reading plan?

    ReplyDelete