Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wait and See

As is often the case, the Lord is using some song lyrics to communicate some truth into my life.
Brandon Heath lyrics:

"There is hope for me yet
Because God won’t forget
All the plans he’s made for me
I have to wait and see
He’s not finished with me yet

Still wondering why I’m here
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on I go
I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something"
-Wait and See

I have spent a good bit of my life trying to figure out what the Lord is doing in my life, and what's He's doing next for me. Let me clarify: looking ahead is not always bad because we do need to continue to seek where God is leading, but looking ahead must be done in moderation. I spent high school, my time at Auburn, and my time up to this point at seminary solely looking ahead. I have been trying to figure out what the Lord is doing with me, where I will end up, what I will be, who I will be with, etc. In doing so, I have been missing the here and now. I am hoping to be able to graduate next December, and at this point, I have no idea where God will lead me or what He will have me doing. I am getting myself to a point where I am ok with that.

This song serves as a reminder that I need to find contentment in where I am now. Don't push. Don't shove. There is hope for how I end up, and that my time here, as I am, is not wasted. God knows the plans He has for me. There are lessons I need to learn now. There are people I need to invest in now. There are places I need to go now. And so on. God has me here for a reason, and I need to be content in learning and growing as I am. He's up to something.

1 comment:

  1. Yes...It's me again...I am up late and doing a lot of reading!

    Have peace my friend. You know...you aren't supposed to be the version of yourself that you will be in 10 years, 10 months or even 10 days. You are just supposed to be who you are now...in process.

    But know this...what ever He has called you to be...you can be that now, no matter where He has you.

    Just be the "who" of the dream, and don't focus so much on the "where, when or how" part. Savor the moments He is giving you now. Open your eyes, and look around you!

    Thank God, He is not finished with us yet!!!

    ReplyDelete